Monday, January 3, 2011

Once Upon A Winter Break, Part 2: Of Carp and Deities

Once upon a winter break, Summer started her New Year’s resolutions.

Her list initially looked like this: 
   That list was too general and already accomplished. So she tried this: 
 Almost, but not quite.    She started a third attempt, but couldn't do it.   Ughhh these suck, she thought. Even if I make 'em, I'm sure to break 'em. But why? Why does that always happen? Because when Summer adjusts to the New Year, it's no longer New Year, it's just Year. Once Summer is on a title-less basis with Year, she no longer feels the need to impress him with a shmancy made-over version of herself, so she drops her resolutions.  So Summer went over to her good friend Day, and said "Day, I'm going to appreciate you this year. Every single time you show up, I'm going to call you by your title, New Day, and  appreciate every opportunity you give me" "Pfffffffffft," Day said. "Sorry sweetie, but I don't think you can do that. It's going to be tough.""No shitsu." Summer told him. "I know that. I can do it. It'll be more difficult than the time I found my way back from getting lost on the route to school, but I'll manage. Day, it's going to be hard to love you all the time, especially first thing in the morning, but I'm going to make an effort, and I WILL DO IT."  Carpe Diem,* world.
 * (American transliteration: Carp deity)

1 comment:

  1. haha, that just made me laugh, but its so true at the same time

    ReplyDelete